Saturday, August 25, 2007

Welcome!

Hello to my one reader so far that has promised me she would check my blog out as soon as I started it. That was 3 days ago. No one can accuse me of being on the ball.

Okay, I guess I should state a few things about myself. I've been homeschooling for four years this Christmas. My husband is in the military so we've seen more of this country than most, although we have yet to be stationed in Hawaii. I mean, what's the point of being in the military if not to get an expense paid trip to Hawaii? Unfortunately I guess the military is more concerned about things like work and stationing soldiers where they are needed and not where their spouses want to take a two year vacation. (After 12 years in the Army my husband has basically told me if it hasn't happened yet it's not going to.) Sigh.....

I have two kids, Cassandra 11 and Matthew 10. Cassandra is about to turn 12 within the next month. Cassandra actually picked out the name for this blog. I was thinking something along the lines of Military Homeschoolers, but my husband thought it implied we were holding boot camp in our back yard or something. I hate trying to decide title and names for things. Everything seems to corny. So if anyone thinks my blog title is corny then I can blame my daughter and not myself.

Okay, I guess my next thing to learn is how to personalize this thing and how to post pictures and all that fun stuff.

4 comments:

Tina in WA said...

Welcome to Blogspot! I can't wait to "read" more about your homeschooling journey.

~Tina

Lisa~ said...

Yeah Katrina! Welcome to the world of Blogging... is that with 2 gs or 1? lol

Im a wanna be scrapper and know how to knitt a little.... although I would love to get better! Have not even tried crocheting....

So glad you posted your blog info!

Lisawa from WTM board *Ü*

my5wolfcubs said...

I think it is a great name! I love seeing all your curriculum choices right on the side! Wonder if I can do that in my blog... :)
Lee (from the WTM board)

Jennefer said...

Katrina,

You're off to a great start! Your blog looks great. Can't wait to learn more about you all.

Blessings,
Jennefer (from WTM board)